Part 01 - KL and Hong Kong

6:45 PM LF.w 0 Comments

We took Firefly to Subang. Initially we were planning to stay at my sister house around before our next flight to Hong Kong. However, both of her sons were down with chicken pox. We have to book hotel near Subang with last minute deal. Staying at Subang Empire hotel which i think is not bad at all. Obviously right next to it is the Empire shopping mall. Go shopping in a second. =P Their swimming pool is a little bit different though. Children are not allowed. You have to walk a little farther to the shopping building, and access through fitness first gym. I met my sister and we chat for as long as we possible can, updating ourselves with juicy stories.

Next day, my bro in law came to fetch us to airport. Sadly my sister can't join because has to look after her 2 kids. We went to ss13 for breakfast. Yummy beef noodle and wantan mee. The best of all is the kopi beng! I miss that so much.

while waiting in KLIA


We touched down Hong Kong at 5:30PM. Took the all-time-famous red taxi. Seriously, this taxi driver has a potential to be cast in too fast too furious. Driving with that speed and put on slumber face, no joke. We got to Dorsett Mongkok hotel in one piece. Checking in hotel experience was a little unpleasant. The receptionist in the front desk never greet you properly, not even a smile. Trying to keep a positive mind, we both advised ourselves may be this lady was having a bad day at work. I was surprised to see the room. very very small according to my husband. We're having hard time to put our luggage. May be this is already the standard size in Hong Kong. We went out to hunt for dinner after taking our rest.

The next day, we're hunting for Kaw Wah cafe for their famous Polo Bun. Unfortunately when we were there, the pork polo bun wasn't ready, the lady told us it is only be ready at 11am. We decided not to wait, so order the plain polo bun and egg tart. Taste wise I prefer our Rotiboy in Malaysia.


Walk along Fa Yuen street, many shops weren't open yet. The street is famous for sneakers and footwear. Few block from Fa Yuen street is Sai Yeung Choi street which is famous for trendy clothes.

When you're in Hong Kong, it is a must to try their dim sum. We went to DimDim Sum Dim Sum in Mongkok. I'm not sure whether it is us or it is the food. Leo and I think it was not salty enough compared to Kelana Jaya Dim Sum.


In the evening as I planned, we stop by Chanel store. I'm clueless on which store in Hong Kong does has classic mini rectangular flap bag in caviar. The nearest store is the Peninsula store, so i tried my luck there. I was approached by the saleslady when i got in. I straight away told her what and which item I was looking for. She told me there isn't any mini rectangular in Hong Kong anymore which strike me like lighting. Haihz. However, she reckon me another bag. It is seasonal flap bag, it comes in 2 sizes. I got myself a medium one since the price is just a little different from the small size. Furthermore Leo said the small one cannot fit a thing. Excitedly came out from the shop with the newly bought handbag. I am the happiest girl at that moment.

helpful staffs in the store

We thought of travel to Central in the beginning, partially is because I wanna visit Chanel store if in case there isn't anything in Peninsula. But since I have got my bag there so we cancel it. There are few to do list in central. One of it is to eat noodle and tomato soup with beef in Sing Heung Yuen.
We headed to Avenue of stars, sadly the area was under construction, they relocated to the opposite side and called it The garden of stars.



Next day off to sapporo!


0 comments: